Light and airy buttermilk pancakes filled with my favorite breakfast meat, bacon!!!
Number of Servings: 2-3 servings
Estimated Cost Per Serving: $2.50
- 4 strips of bacon (preferably applewood smoked)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 & 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- non stick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp butter for topping
1) Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Cover a baking sheet with foil and lightly grease with non stick cooking spray.
3) Lay bacon strips on the baking sheet and transfer to oven.
4) Bake for 10-12 minutes.
5) While the bacon is cooking, in a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
6) Add in the egg and melted butter.
7) Lightly whisk together until you have small lumps in the batter. Set batter aside.
8) Remove the bacon from the oven and place on a plate with paper towels to drain the excess oil.
9) Once the bacon has cooled about 2-3 minutes, crumbled the bacon into 1/4 inch pieces.
10) Heat either a griddle pan or large fry pan with non stick cooking spray.
11) Using a ladle and filling about 3/4 of the way up, ladle the pancake batter on to your pan.
12) Quickly sprinkle some bacon on your pancake and then once the pancake begins to bubble and the edges appear dry flip your pancake (about 2 minutes).
13) Cook the other side of your pancake for another minute.
14) Transfer to a plate and allow to cool.
15) Repeat steps 11-14 until you've finished your batter.
16) Drizzle over your maple syrup and top with butter.
17) Serve and enjoy!