A healthier version of lumpia that is baked and filled with chicken, carrots, green beans, and yellow wax beans.
Number of Rolls: 12 lumpia rolls
Estimated Cost Per Batch: $7.75
For the lumpia...
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 20 green beans
- 20 yellow wax beans
- 1 medium sized carrot
- 2 shallots, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- non stick cooking spray
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
For the dipping sauce...
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1) Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Line a small baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
3) Season the chicken breast with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika.
4) Place the seasoned chicken breast in your prepared baking pan and bake for 40 minutes.
5) While your chicken breast is baking prepare your vegetables.
6) Chop the carrots, green beans, and yellow wax beans into 1/8 inch thick cuts or cubes.
7) Heat the canola oil over low medium heat and then add in the shallots and garlic set aside for your lumpia for 3 minutes.
8) Next add in your chopped carrots, green beans, and yellow wax beans.
9) Season the vegetables with salt and pepper and then cover the pan and allow the vegetables to steam for 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
10) Once the chicken breast has cooked, remove from the baking pan and chop into 1/8 inch pieces. Combine the chopped chicken with your vegetable mixture.
11) Separately in a small bowl beat the egg and mix in the water.
12) Pre heat your oven again to 350 degrees.
13) Now set up your filling station by laying down a piece of parchment paper with the bowl of lumpia filling on the left and your egg wash + a brush on the right.
14) Begin filling your lumpia by laying down one egg roll wrapper, next brush on the egg wash on the edges of your wrapper, then take 3 tbsp of your lumpia filling and lay it an inch from the bottom of your wrapper closest to you toward the center of the wrapper. Your filling will take up a space about 4 inches wide. Then fold the bottom of the wrapper over the filling then fold the wrapper edges to the left and right. Now you can begin to roll the wrapper while pulling back to keep the filling tight. Once you have about an inch of wrapper left to roll over brush on the egg wash on the remaining section and then continue to roll, this will seal your lumpia. Set aside.
15) Repeat step 14 for the remaining wrappers and filling.
16) Lightly coat a baking sheet with non stick cooking spray and then place your prepared lumpia into two rows about an inch apart from each other.
17) Lightly spray your lumpia with non stick cooking spray and bake for 30 minutes, turning over your lumpia half way through.
18) While your lumpia is baking, prepare your dipping sauce by combining the apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, and freshly ground black pepper in a small bowl.
19) Remove the lumpia from the oven and allow them to cool for 3 minutes.
20) Serve and enjoy!