A fresh and light chow mein made with chicken breasts, bok choy, carrots, bell peppers, snap peas, and ginger.
Number of Servings: 2-3
Estimated Cost Per Serving: $4.00
- 1 skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup of chopped bok choy
- 1/2 cup of sliced carrots
- 1 cup of snap peas cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper julienned
- 3 tbsp of finely chopped ginger
- 1 cup of oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup of low sodium chicken stock
- 7 oz of fresh or frozen whole egg noodles
- 3 tbsp of sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
1) Boil 4 quartz of water in a large pot.
2) Add egg noodles and cook for 4-5 minutes stirring to separate noodles.
3) Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the noodles from cooking and set aside.
4) Marinate chicken with oyster sauce and set aside.
5) In a large saute pan heat 1 tbsp of sesame oil, add carrots, snap peas and ginger, season with salt & pepper and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
6) Add bell pepper and bok choy and cook for another 2 minutes.
7) Add chicken stock and cook for another 2 minutes, then turn off heat.
8) In another large saute pan heat remaining 2 tbsp of sesame oil, add marinate chicken along with oyster sauce. Cook for 7 minutes or until chicken has lightly browned.
9) Add vegetables and stock from other saute pan to the chicken and cook for another 2 minutes.
10) Slowly add in the cooked noodles to the saute pan, one handful at a time and stir to combine.
11) Cook for another 2 minutes on medium low heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.