Blondies (a.ka. cookie bars) filled with milk chocolate chips, caramel bits, and toasted pine nuts!!!
Number of Cookie Bars: 24 bars
Estimated Cost Per Batch: $12
- 1 stick sweet unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 & 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup heaving whipping cream
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup caramel bits
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- non stick cooking spray
1) Using a stand mixer beat butter, granulated sugar, and coconut palm sugar until combined.
2) Next add in the egg, vanilla extract, and heavy whipping cream then continue to mix on a low speed until combined.
3) In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
4) Slowly add in the dry ingredients above and continue to mix on a low speed until fully combined.
5) Next slowly add in the toasted pine nuts, next the caramel bits, and then last the half of the milk chocolate chips. You'll use the other half right before baking.
6) Once all the items are combined, set your dough aside, cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 12 hours.
7) When ready to bake, allow your dough to return back to room temperature, about 30 minutes out of the refrigerator.
8) Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
9) Lightly grease 9x13 baking pan with non stick cooking spray.
10) Bake for 30 minutes.
11) Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack and rest for 5 minutes.
12) Cut the bars in the pan, cutting three times lengthwise and five times cross wise.
13) Serve and enjoy!