A quick and easy pasta dish, made from butter sautéed mushrooms, creme fraiche, olive oil, parmesan cheese, lemon juice and whole wheat spaghetti.
Number of Servings: 1-2 servings
Estimated Cost Per Serving: $3.00
- 4 oz whole wheat spaghetti
- 4 cups of water
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 10 button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tbsp creme fraiche
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
1) In medium sized sauce pan boil 4 cups of water.
2) Once the water reaches a boil add in your spaghetti along with a pinch of salt and cook for 8 minutes.
3) Drain your pasta, return to the sauce pan and then toss with olive oil. Set aside.
4) In a saute pan melt your butter and then add in your sliced mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes.
5) Add in your cooked mushrooms to the pasta and toss to combine.
6) Next turn up the heat on your sauce pan with the mushrooms and pasta.
7) Add in the creme fraiche and parmesan cheese, toss to combine.
8) Last add in the lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
9) Remove from the heat.
10) Serve and enjoy!