A light and creamy butternut squash soup, lightly seasoned with nutmeg, paprika, and curry powder.
Number of Servings: 2
Estimated Cost Per Serving: $3.00
- 1/2 (2 pound) butternut squash
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1/4 cup half and half or heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tbsp of curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
1) Peel the butternut squash, remove seeds, and cut into 1 inch cubes
2) In a large pot melt butter and add onion, cook until the onions are translucent.
3) Add the squash and the chicken stock, simmer and cook until the butternut squash is tender, about 20-25 minutes.
4) Turn off heat and remove the chunks of butternut squash and onion and place into a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth while slowly adding in the stock from the pot.
5) Add in 1/4 cup of half and half or heavy whipping cream.
6) Add nutmeg, paprika, and curry powder and stir until combined.
7) Season with salt and pepper to taste.
8 Return puree to pot and simmer on low heat until soup is warm.