Rich and decadent dark chocolate chip cookies.
Number of Cookies: 18 cookies
Estimated Cost Per Batch: $5.00
- 1 stick of sweet unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/3 cup of organic cane sugar
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of crushed sea salt
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 4 oz of bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
- 4 oz of chopped 60 to 80% cacao chocolate
- non stick cooking spray
1) Beat butter and sugars together until fully combined.
2) Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
3) In a separate bowl combine flours, salt, and baking powder.
4) Slowly mix in the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, once fully combined fold in the bittersweet chocolate chips and the chopped dark chocolate.
5) Cover cookie batter with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
6) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
7) Grease two 11x17 baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
8) Remove the cookie batter from the refrigerator and form into 1 inch balls.
9) Place cookie batter balls on the greased baking sheets at least 2 inches apart.
10) Bake for 12-15 minutes.
11) Remove from oven and place cookies on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes.
12) Serve with a nice cold glass of milk.