A decadent crumble cake with fresh raspberries, fennel seeds, and all spice!
(Adapted from Jessica Seinfeld's 'The Can't Cook Book')
Number of Slices: 8-10 slices
Estimated Cost Per Cake: $7.75
For the crumble...
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1/2 stick unsalted sweet butter
For the cake...
- 1 stick unsalted sweet butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 oz container raspberries
- non stick cooking spray
1) Pre heat to 350 degrees.
2) In a bowl combine the flour, coconut palm sugar, all spice and fennel seeds for your crumble. Whisk to combine.
3) In a small sauce pan melt your half stick of butter for the crumble over low heat.
4) Once melted add in the melted butter to your flour mixture, stir to combine until your flour mixture forms the crumble. Set aside.
5) In another bowl, whisk together your flour, baking powder, salt, and fennel seeds for the cake. Set aside.
6) In your stand mixer, stir together your butter and sugar for the cake on low speed. Continue until fully combined.
7) Next add in the eggs, one egg at a time until fully combined.
8) Add in the vanilla extract and continue to stir on low speed.
9) Then add in half of the flour mixture, once it's incorporated in, add in your heavy whipping cream.
10) Next add in the remainder of your flour mixture and continue to stir on low speed until the flour is fully incorporated. Once it is, turn off the speed on your mixer to ensure that you don't over mix the batter.
11) Lightly coat a 9 inch springform pan with non stick cooking spray.
12) Pour in your cake batter and using an off set spatula spread your batter evenly across your pan until the batter touches the sides.
13) Take your raspberries and scatter them over your smoothed cake batter.
14) Next fill the spaces between the raspberries and your batter with your prepared crumble mixture.
15) Bake for 45-50 minutes.
16) Remove from the oven, allow it to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
17) Serve and enjoy!