A quick and easy fried rice with broccoli, green beans, carrots, sautéed beef and Chinese sausage!
Number of Servings: 3-4 servings
Estimated Cost Per Serving: $3.75
- 1 & 1/2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- t tbsp sweet rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 small carrots, diced
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lb skirt steak, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 Chinese sausages, boiled and cut into 1/4 inch thick pieces
- 1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp crushed sea salt
- 2 tbsp canola oil
1) In a wok or large saute pan heat the canola oil over medium heat.
2) Add in the onions and then reduce the heat to sweat the onions. Cook for 3 minutes.
3) Add in the garlic and then cook for another 3 minutes.
4) Add in the beef and cook with the onions and garlic until lightly browned. Season with 1/2 of the allotted black pepper and crushed sea salt.
5) Add in the half of the soy sauce, sweet rice wine vinegar, and coconut palm sugar. Turn up the heat to the low side of medium.
6) Once the liquid begins to boil, add in the cooked rice and toss to combine the beef, liquid and rice.
7) Add in the broccoli, green beans and carrots, then toss to combine. Cook for 5 minutes.
8) Next mix in the beaten egg and stir to combine as the egg cooks around the rice mixture.
9) Add in the remaining soy sauce and black pepper and toss to combine.
10) Last add in the Chinese sausage and cook for another 3 minutes.
11) Remove from the heat and transfer to your serving dish.
13) Serve and enjoy!