Crispy ginger snaps made from three forms of ginger; ground ginger, freshly grated ginger, and candied ginger.
Number of Cookies: 22 cookies
Estimated Cost Per Batch: $6.00
- 5 tbsp sweet unsalted butter (softened)
- 3 /4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 & 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup candied ginger, finely chopped
- non stick cooking spray
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
1) Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
2) Using a stand mixer beat butter and coconut palm sugar until combined.
3) Next add in the egg, molasses, and freshly grated ginger then continue to mix on a low speed until combined.
4) In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, ground ginger, all spice, and ground cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
5) Slowly add in the dry ingredients above and continue to mix on a low speed until fully combined.
6) Next slowly add in the finely chopped candied ginger and continue to mix until combined.
7) Lightly grease two 11x17 inch baking sheets with non stick cooking spray.
8) Using a tablespoon measure drop balls of the cookie dough onto the baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
9) Sprinkle on the granulated sugar on top of each cookie dough ball.
10) Bake for 14 minutes.
11) Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack and allow them to rest for 5-7 minutes.
12) Serve and enjoy!