Chicken legs marinated and glazed in honey, bourbon, soy sauce, and worcestershire sauce.
Number of Servings: 2-3 servings
Estimated Cost Per Serving: $3.75
- 6 chicken legs
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 3/4 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 6 grinds of freshly ground black pepper
1) In a small bowl combine the bourbon, honey, soy sauce, freshly ground black pepper, and 1 tbsp of canola oil. Whisk to combine.
2) Pat the chicken dry and place in a plastic storage bag.
3) Pour in your honey and bourbon mixture, seal the bag, and massage the chicken to coat with the liquid.
4) Place in your refrigerator and allow it to marinade for 2-3 hours.
5) Pre heat your oven to 400 degrees.
6) In a 10 inch cast iron skillet, heat the remaining 2 tbsp of canola oil.
7) Remove the chicken from the storage bag leaving the marinading liquid behind.
8) Add the chicken to the heated oil and brown on each side for 3-5 minutes each.
9) Pour in the marinading liquid.
10) Transfer your cast iron skillet to the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes.
11) Remove from oven, transfer to your serving dish and coat the thickened liquid from the skillet atop the chicken legs.
12) Serve and enjoy!