Perfectly cooked prawns seasoned with salt, pepper, and paprika, then sautéed with butter, shallots, lemon juice, and garlic.
Number of Servings: 1-2 servings
Estimated Cost Per Serving: $6.50
- 15 prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 shallots, minced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- juice of one lemon
1) Season your prawns with salt, pepper, and paprika. Set aside.
2) In a wok or large saute pan, melt the butter over low heat.
3) Once the butter has melted add in the shallots and cook for 2 minutes.
4) Add in the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
5) Add in the prawns and increase the heat to about medium-low.
6) Add in the lemon juice and then toss to cook the prawns for a total of 3-4 minutes.
7) Remove only the prawns from your pan or wok and transfer to your serving dish.
8) With the lemon juice, butter, shallots, and garlic still in your pan, increase the heat to medium and allow the liquid to reduce to about half its original volume. Continue to stir so that the shallots and garlic don't burn.
9) After about 2-3 minutes turn off the heat and coat your prawns with the sauce from your pan.
10) Serve and enjoy!