Pan roasted chicken thighs topped with mushrooms and a lemon, parsley butter sauce.
Number of Servings: 3-4 servings
Estimated Cost Per Serving: $2.50
- 6 boneless/skinless chicken thighs
- 1/3 cup or 6 tbsp of butter
- 1 cup chopped parsley, loose
- juice of one lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- 2 tbsp capers
- 1/4 tsp of crushed sea salt
- 4 grinds of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- non stick cooking spray
- 8 white button mushrooms, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
1) Pre heat the oven to 400 degrees.
2) In a small bowl season the flour with the smoked paprika and some salt and pepper.
3) Pat dry the chicken thighs and dip each into the small bowl of flour and shake to remove any excess flour. Set aside.
4) Liberally coat a cast iron skillet with non stick cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
5) Add in the chicken thighs and cook until light browned on each side, about 3-5 minutes on each side.
6) Transfer the cast iron skillet and chicken to the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
7) In the meantime, in a small saute pan, melt the butter over low heat and then add in the lemon juice, lemon zest, white wine, parsley, and garlic. Allow the sauce to simmer for 15 minutes.
8) Add in the freshly ground pepper, sliced mushrooms and capers. Cook for another 5 minutes.
9) Remove the chicken from the oven and then top with the lemon parsley butter sauce.
10) Serve and enjoy!