Super easy challah stuffed french toast with a Nutella and cream cheese filling, topped with fresh bananas, maple syrup, and creme fraiche !!!
Number of Servings: 2-3 servings
Estimated Cost Per Cake: $3.00
For the french toast batter...
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- juice of one naval orange or 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coconut palm sugar
For the challah...
- 1 medium sized challah loaf,
- 4 tbsp Nutella
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
For the toppings...
- one medium sized banana, sliced
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp creme fraiche
1) In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, orange juice, cinnamon, all spice, and coconut palm sugar. Set aside.
2) Cut the edges of your challah loaf and then cut three slices about 1 & 3/4 inch thick.
3) Carefully with your bread knife cut a pocket in the center of each of your slices through the flat bottom of your slice, leaving a 1/2 inch space on each edge. Set aside.
4) In a small bowl whisk together the cream cheese and Nutella for your filling.
5) Next fill each slice with about 2 tbsp of your filling.
6) Then soak your stuffed challah slices in your batter for about 10 minutes or until most of your batter has been absorbed.
7) In a large skillet or saute pan melt your butter over low medium heat.
8) Add in the battered/stuffed challah slices and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until lightly golden brown.
9) Remove from pan and transfer to your serving dish.
10) Top with your fresh banana slices and creme fraiche.
11) Drizzle on the maple syrup.
12) Serve and enjoy!