Slow braised beef short ribs cooked with orange juice, orange zest, and carrots.
Number of Servings: 1 - 2
Estimated Cost Per Serving: $5.50
- 1 lb of boneless beef short ribs, cut into 2"x 2" x 2" inch pieces
- Zest of one orange
- Juice of one orange
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 large carrot, cut into 1 inch pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- salt and pepper for seasoning
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a large saute pan heat canola oil over medium heat.
3) Season short ribs with salt and pepper, then brown on all sides until golden brown.
4) Transfer short ribs into a dutch oven.
5) In a separate bowl mix together orange juice, vegetable broth, soy sauce, and tomato paste and stir until combined.
6) Separate out 1 tbsp of orange zest for garnish.
7) Mix in remaining orange zest into braising liquid mixture.
8) Add in braising liquid and carrots into the dutch oven and cover.
9) Bake for 2.5 hours.
10) Remove from oven and serve.