Juicy pan roasted lamb meatballs seasoned with an array of spices, chives, and topped with lemon zest and sliced almonds.
Number of Meatballs: 18 meatballs
Estimated Cost Per Batch: $7.75
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion power
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp panko bread crumbs
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 3 tbsp of chopped chives
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tbsp of canola oil
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
1) Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.
2) Mix all ingredients minus the canola oil, almonds, and lemon zest in a large bowl until fully combined.
3) Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
4) Roll into 1 inch balls and set aside.
5) In a large saute pan heat canola oil over medium heat.
6) Brown meatballs until they are a light golden brown.
7) Once browned, transfer the whole pan to the oven.
8) Continue to cook the meatballs in the oven for another 12-15 minutes.
9) Carefully remove from the oven, transfer to a serving plate and top with sliced almonds and lemon zest.
10) Served best with a cooling yogurt sauce, mine is a roasted garlic yogurt sauce. Click on the link below for the recipe.