Soft and chewy Peanut Butter Cookies !!!!
(Adapted from Smitten Kitchen)
Number of Cookies: 36-40 cookies
Estimated Cost Per Batch: $4.00
- 1 stick of sweet unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 and 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 and 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar, finely grounded
- 1 cup natural peanut butter, smooth
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of crushed sea salt
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 3/4 tsp of baking soda
- 2 tbsp of 2% fat milk
- non stick cooking spray
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Using a stand mixer beat butter and peanut butter until smooth.
3) Add in coconut palm sugar until fully incorporated, next add in the egg, vanilla extract, and milk. Combine to stir.
4) In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
5) Add in your dry ingredients slowly and continue to stir until fully combined. Set cookie batter aside.
6) Take three 11x17 baking sheets and lightly grease with non-stick cooking spray.
7) To lay out the cookies, take a tablespoon and scoop out enough batter to fill the spoon. Using your hand roll a ball of the cookie batter and then lightly press down to create a disk (about 1/2 inch thick).
8) Place each cookie dough disk on your baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
9) Bake for 10 minutes on the middle racks of your oven.
10) Remove the baking sheets from the oven and then transfer your cookies to a cooling rack and allow them to set up for 5-7 minutes.
11) Serve and enjoy!