Soft and fluffy Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookie Sandwiches!!!!
(Partially Adapted from Smitten Kitchen)
Number of Sandwiches: 18 cookie sandwiches
Estimated Cost Per Batch: $6.00
- 1 stick of sweet unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 and 1/4 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 and 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar, finely grounded
- 1 cup natural peanut butter, smooth
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp of crushed sea salt
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 3/4 tsp of baking soda
- 2 tbsp of 2% fat milk
- 1 cup of blackberry or boysenberry preserves
- non stick cooking spray
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Using a stand mixer beat butter and peanut butter until smooth.
3) Add in coconut palm sugar until fully incorporated, next add in the egg, vanilla extract, and milk. Combine to stir.
4) In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
5) Add in your dry ingredients slowly and continue to stir until fully combined. Set cookie batter aside.
6) Take three 11x17 baking sheets and lightly grease with non-stick cooking spray.
7) To lay out the cookies, take a tablespoon and scoop out enough batter to fill the spoon. Using your hand roll a ball of the cookie batter about 1 inch in diameter.
8) Ensure that all the balls are roughly the same size. This will be important when sandwiches the cookies together.
9) Place each cookie dough disk on your baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
10) Bake for 10 minutes on the middle racks of your oven.
11) Remove the baking sheets from the oven and then transfer your cookies to a cooling rack and allow them to set up and cool for 10 minutes.
12) Once the cookies have cooled spread the bottoms of half the cookies with blackberry or boysenberry preserves. About 3/4 tbsp per cookie.
13) Top each cookie spread with the preserves with the other half of the cookies.
14) Serve and enjoy!