Quick and easy frittata of potatoes and onions seasoned with paprika, garlic, and chili powder and topped with a herbed yogurt sauce.
Number of Servings: 6
Estimated Cost Per Serving: $0.75
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup of fat free milk
- 2 tbsp of chopped garlic
- 1/2 of a large russet potato thinly sliced
- 1/2 of a large yellow onion sliced
- 1 tbsp of canola oil
- 1 tsp of butter
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp of chili powder
- 3 tbsp of rated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp of finely chopped fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Crack 6 eggs into a large bowl and add milk and parmesan cheese, whisk until combined and season with salt and pepper.
3) Heat canola oil and butter in a small omelet pan over medium heat.
4) Add onions to pan and cook until slightly translucent and then season with paprika.
5) Add potatoes and combine with onions, cook until potatoes are lightly browned.
6) Season with chili powder, salt and pepper, then add chopped garlic.
7) Add egg mixture on top of onions and potatoes.
8) With a spatula loosen the edges of the egg mixture.
9) Transfer to oven and cook for 25 minutes at 350 degrees or until egg mixture has fully solidified.
10) While the frittata is in the oven, combine yogurt, thyme, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Then set aside.
11) Remove pan from oven and place a plate larger than the width of the pan on top and flip to release the frittata onto the plate.
12) Cut into 6 slices and top with herbed yogurt sauce.