Soft and chewy cookies and cream cookies.
(Adapted from Kirbie's Cravings)
Number of Cookies: 18 cookies
Estimated Cost Per Batch: $5.50
- 1 & 1/3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 an egg beaten
- 2 tsps of vanilla extract
- 9 oreos, crushed
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Spray two 10"x15" baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
3) In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, and baking powder and set aside.
4) In a food processor grind or chop the oreos until they are completely crumbled.
5) Using a stand mixer stir the softened butter and sugar together until smooth. Then add in the vanilla and egg beaten. Continue to stir until combined.
6) Increase the power on your stand mixer to 2 and gradually blend in dry ingredients until a dough forms.
7) Add in the crushed oreos to the dough and continue to beat until fully combined.
8) Roll into dough balls about 1 inch in diameter and place them on the greased baking sheets about 2 inches apart, about 9 dough balls per baking sheet.
9) Bake about 10 - 13 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
10) Remove from oven and baking sheets and place on a cooling rack.
11) Let cookies cool for 2-3 minutes and serve with a nice cold glass of milk.