Homemade Roasted Banana and Walnut Ice Cream
Number of Pints: 2-3 pints
Estimated Cost Per Batch: $6.00
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups of half-and-half
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tbsp of vanilla extract
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Grease a baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
3) Peel ripe bananas and place in baking pan, spray a thin layer of cooking spray on top of the bananas.
4) Bake for 15-20 minutes.
5) Remove from oven and smash bananas in a separate bowl with a fork until mashed.
6) In a small saute pan, toast walnuts for about 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
7) Remove walnuts from pan and allow to cool for 10 minutes, then chop walnuts into thirds.
8) In a large bowl mix together the heavy whipping cream, half-and-half, sugar, and vanilla. Stir to combine.
9) Next fold in the roasted banana mash and toasted walnuts.
10) Pour mixture into your ice cream attachment for your stand mixer or ice cream freezer.
11) If using the ice cream attachment to your stand mixer continue to mix the ice cream batter until it starts to harden.
12) Once ready transfer to freezer safe container.