Rich and decadent, dark chocolate pot de creme topped with Maldon sea salt.
Number of Servings: 4
Estimated Cost Per Serving: $2.00
- 1 oz of bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 oz of 70% dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1 pinch of kosher salt
- 1 and 1/3 cup of heavy cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tsp of Maldon sea salt for garnish
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Fill a deep baking dish with water about 1/2 way up the sides.
3) Place into the oven.
4) Melt bittersweet chocolate chips and dark chocolate in a double boiler, stir to combine while melting.
5) In a small bowl whisk egg yolks until blended.
6) Meanwhile in a small sauce pan combine heavy cream, sugar, and kosher salt and heat of low to medium heat.
7) Slowly add chocolate mixture to egg yolks and whisk to combine.
8) Slowly add in heated cream mixture and whisk to combine.
9) Fill 4 ramekins and place in baking dish with water bath.
10) Bake for 18-20 minutes.
11) Remove from oven and refrigerate.
12) Before serving, sprinkle with Maldon sea salt and enjoy!