A salad of slow roasted baby yellow potatoes, asparagus and a vinaigrette of whole grain mustard, honey, and sherry vinegar.
Number of Servings: 4 - 6 servings
Estimated Cost Per Serving: $1.25
- 1.5 lbs of baby yellow potatoes, cleaned
- 1 bundle of asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp of canola oil
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp of sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp of honey
- 1 tsp of coconut palm sugar
- 2 tbsp of whole grain mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
1) Pre heat the oven to 375 degrees.
2) Line a baking dish with aluminum foil and grease with non-stick spray.
3) Lay out of the baby potatoes in a single layer with the baking dish and drizzle the potatoes with 1 tbsp of canola oil.
4) Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 1.5 hours.
5) In the meantime steam the asparagus until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Set aside to cool.
6) In a small saute pan, heat the remaining 2 tbsp of canola oil over low heat.
7) Add the shallots and garlic and sweat until translucent, about 8 minutes.
8) In a large mixing bowl combine the asparagus, shallots, and garlic and set aside.
9) In a small bowl combine the olive oil, sherry vinegar, honey, coconut palm sugar, whole grain mustard. Whisk to combine and season with salt and pepper.
10) Once the potatoes are done, carefully remove the cover on the baking dish and allow the potatoes to cool for 15-20 minutes.
11) When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half and add to the mixing bowl with the asparagus, shallots, and garlic.
12) Dress the ingredients with the liquid mixer and toss to coat.
13) Serve and enjoy!