Baked, stuffed portabello mushrooms filled with a spinach, sun-dried tomato, onion, and garlic mix, then topped with feta cheese.
Number of Servings: 1-2
Estimated Cost Per Serving: $3.50
- 2 large portobello mushrooms
- 4 cups of fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp of sun-dried tomato paste
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tbsp of canola oil
- salt and pepper to taste
1) Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Wipe portobello mushrooms clean with a damp paper towel and remove mushroom stem and gills with a spoon.
3) In a saute pan, heat canola oil and add chopped onions and minced garlic, cook for 3 minutes.
4) Add in fresh spinach and season with salt and pepper, continue to cook for 3-5 minutes.
5) Add in sun-dried tomato paste and stir to combine, cook for another 2 minutes.
6) Take mixture and stuff portobello mushrooms.
7) Sprinkle feta cheese on top of mixture.
8) Place stuffed portobello mushrooms on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes at 375 degrees.
9) Add vegetables and stock from other saute pan to the chicken and cook for another 2 minutes.
10) Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve.