Light and tasty turkey wontons in a simple broth with zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, and fried garlic.
Number of Servings: 2-3 servings
Estimated Cost Per Serving: $4.00
(For the dumplings)
- 1/2 lb of ground turkey
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp of finely chopped chives
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsps of freshly cracked black pepper
- 10 to 12 round wonton wrappers
- 1 cup of water for sealing
(For the broth)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 zucchinis cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 large carrot cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 8 white button mushrooms cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
(For the fried garlic)
- 6 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 3 tbsp of canola oil
1) In a large saute pan add in all the ingredients for the broth and simmer on low heat.
2) In another large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the dumplings minus the dumpling wrappers and water and knead until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and set in it in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
3) Remove the dumpling mixture from the fridge and set up your station to begin filling the dumpling wrappers.
4) Take a dumpling wrapper and lay flat, then place about a teaspoons worth of filling in the center, next brush water on the edges of the wrapper surrounding the filling.
5) To seal the dumpling, fold over the wrapper over into a half circle, seal the edges and take the two corner edges and pinch together to secure the seal.
6) Repeat until you have filled and sealed all your dumpling wrappers.
7) Add in the dumplings to the simmering broth and bring up to low medium heat.
8) Cook for 15 minutes.
9) In a large saute pan heat canola oil on low-medium heat.
10) Add in the sliced garlic and saute until crisp and golden brown.
11) Transfer garlic to a paper towel to drain excess oil.
12) Transfer dumplings and broth to your favorite soup bowl and garnish with fried garlic.