A light and smooth yellow chicken curry made with chicken breasts, bell pepper, carrots, onions, broccoli and potatoes.
Number of Servings: 4
Estimated Cost Per Serving: $6.50
- 3 skinless chicken breasts
- 1 green bell pepper diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 chopped yellow onion
- 1 head of broccoli separated into small stems
- 4 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1/2 pieces
- 3 large carrots, cut into 1/4 inch thick pieces
- 1/2 tsp of fish sauce
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of chicken stock
- 1/4 cup of curry powder
- 1 tsp of chili powder
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
1) Heat tbsp of coconut oil in a large sauce pan.
2) Add onions and bell pepper season with salt and pepper, cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
3) Add carrots and broccoli, season with salt and pepper, then reduce heat and cook for another 5 minutes and set aside vegetable mixture.
4) Cut chicken breasts into 1 inch cubes and season with salt and pepper.
5) Heat remaining tbsp of coconut oil and add chicken and cook until lightly browned.
6) Add potatoes, season with chili powder and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat.
7) Add coconut milk and curry powder to sauce pan with potatoes and chicken, reduce heat to medium low and stir to combine curry powder into liquid.
8) After 5 minutes add chicken stock and reduce heat to low and cook for another 5 minutes.
9) Add vegetable mixture and fish sauce and cook for another 10 minutes.
10) Serve with rice.